PowerCore currently has multiple positions open for electricians and technicians with experience in the construction of traffic control systems. We are specifically looking to staff projects in the Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Melbourne, and Palm Beach areas. We are currently contracted on projects through 2018. If you are hardworking, dependable, and skilled at your trade we have long-term opportunities.
Position: Underground Utility Foreman
Category: Permanent Non-Exempt Full Time
Schedule: 7:00 am — 5:30 pm+ Monday-Thursday Overtime if required by Management
Reporting Structure: Project Manager
Pay Range $20 – $30 / hr.
We have a great opportunity for an expert Underground Utility Foreman. When it comes to traffic control systems, PowerCore does it all. Including signals, lighting, signs, ITS, electrical, and fiber optics.
The foreman would lead a crew in the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of traffic control systems, lighting systems, and associated devices. This would include:
- Installation of conduit utilizing excavators, trenchers, and directional drills, under the direction of a project manager.
- Install fiber optic cables, electrical wire, junction boxes, and traffic control devices.
- Pour concrete pads for control equipment and junction boxes.
- Grade construction areas and install appropriate landscaping.
- Coordinate repairs with contractors and government agencies to ensure work is properly completed within standards and codes.
- Attend pre-design, pre-bid, and pre-construction meetings to help identify potential problems.
In addition, the Foreman would be responsible for the following:
- Operation of vehicles and perform pre-trip inspections to ensure proper functioning, which includes checking fluid levels, observing leaks, monitoring condition of hoses and belts, checking tire pressure, ensuring brake lights and lights work, and performs other related inspections.
- Operate equipment including bucket trucks, boom trucks, and excavators and to ensure that they are secure, clean, and in proper working order, which includes maintenance and repair.
- Observe all common safety practices associated with tools and equipment, monitoring work environment for safety and hazards, and ensures safety for self and others.
- Place and remove barricades, cones, and other traffic control and safety devices in and around work areas for construction and maintenance projects in accordance with traffic regulation requirements.
- Log, record, and create daily work reports for management.
Education – Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate
Experience – Five years of experience in underground utility installation, construction, maintenance, and repair.
Licensure and Certification – Current Class A Driver’s License (CDL), IMSA (International Municipal Signal Association) Work Zone Traffic Control Safety Certification..
Safety Conscious – Must be able to work safely and encourage safety first attitude. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds without limitations.
Travel – Must be willing to commit to overnight travel throughout Florida.
PowerCore has adopted a $12 per hour minimum wage for all full-time permanent employees who have completed their probationary period. We pride ourselves in offering above-market compensation packages for all employees.
PowerCore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation.
PowerCore maintains a drug-free workplace. All candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and employees are subject to random drug testing. Any failure to comply with our drug-free standard will be grounds for termination.
PowerCore participates in the Government E-Verify Program. All new employee’s information obtained from their Form I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for verification of work eligibility.
Applications can be obtained at our office at 5101 W. Eau Gallie Blvd., Melbourne, FL or from our website at powercore.us
Please submit a resume, application, and references to the email address listed.